After listing Daddy's father's family I thought I would go ahead and list Mama's immediate family. I'm trying to find stories about her family when they were children but it seems no one heard or remembers stories our parents, aunts or uncles told, except for my cousin Snooks who has an amazing memory.
Benjamin Moses Bond, son of Charles Bond and Susana J. Markham, married Nora Mellissie Timmons, daughter of William Robertus Monroe Timmons and Mahala Jane Roten, on November 29, 1898 at her parents' home in New Boston, Bowie County, Texas.
Their children were:
1. Grace Ada, born December 29, 1899 in Texas. She married Ivy L. Warren June 28, 1919 in Red River County, Texas. She died August 7, 1938 in Harris County, Texas.
2. Charles Monroe born August 9, 1902 in Texas. He died January 17, 1949 in Galveston County, Texas.
3. Jewell Sidney, born September 5, 1904 in Texas, died September 27, 1937 in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
4. Alma Josephine, born March 19,1906 in Johnston County, Oklahoma. She married Leonard George Showers in 1929 or 1930. After he died she married Joe Hesacar Hawk on September 2, 1936 in Ft. Bend County, Texas. She died June 16, 1980 in Galveston County, Texas.
5. Minnie Hazel, born July 30, 1908 in Johnston County, Oklahoma. She married John Robertson on September 28, 1927 in Wilbarger County, Texas. She died August 13, 1956 in Wilbarger County, Texas.
6. Clarence Benjamin, "Bennie", born September 22, 1910 in Johnston County, OK, died Oct 27, 1918 in Bagwell, Red River County, Texas.
7. Alcie Lewis, born April 8, 1912, Johnston County, Oklahoma. He married Anna Mary Shute in West Columbia, Brazoria County, Texas. They divorced and he then married Lenore Juanita Sherwood on November 23, 1936 in Galveston County, Texas. He died December 24, 1978 in Galveston County, Texas.
8. Bertha E. Bond, born April 29, 1914, died September 9, 1914 in Johnston County, Oklahoma.
9. Lavoy Oleta ("Jackie"), born October 16, 1915 in Texas. She married Harley Elvis Griesmer on June 27, 1936. She died August 13, 1993 in Bacliff, Galveston County, Texas.
10. Lena Murrel, born September 14, 1918 in Red River County, Texas. She married Herbert Warren on March 1, 1941 in Bacliff, Galveston County, Texas. She died June 12, 2000 in Fremont, Alameda County, California.